U.S. Court of Appeals Says Limelight Does Not Infringe On Level 3 Patents
Limelight Networks announced earlier today that the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has affirmed a lower court decision from earlier in the year in favor of Limelight Networks in the patent suit with Level 3 Communications. On January 23rd of this year the court ruled in favor of Limelight which Level 3 appealed.
I understand the idea that companies have to protect their intellectual property, but hopefully all of this patent suit nonsense between the CDNs can now come to an end. So far Akamai, Limelight and Level 3 have all been tied up in patent suits for years for which no company who initiated the suit has won damages of any kind. What a waste of time and money on all sides. If you want to see the three year history on the suits, along with all the filings, visit www.ContentDeliveryPatents.com which will take you to those posts on my blog.
– Copy Of Judge's Ruling In Akamai/Limelight Case Now Online (4/09)
– Judge Overturns Jury Verdict In Akamai and Limelight Case (4/09)
– Jury Rules In Limelight's Favor, Not Infringing On Level 3 Patents (1/10)
– Level 3 and Limelight Should Settle Patent Suit, Here's How (1/09)
– Judge Denies Limelight's Motion For Summary Judgment In Level 3 Case (1/09)
– Details From Markman Ruling In Level 3 and Limelight Networks Patent Case (12/08)
– Patent Details Emerge In Level 3's Suit Against Limelight Networks (8/08)
– Level 3 Files Suit Against Limelight Networks Over CDN Patents (12/07)