SM East Show: Cutting The Cord On TV, Will Online Video Lead To Cable’s Demise?
From Hulu to Netflix, streaming video is having a powerful impact on the traditional television industry. But are consumers really cutting the cord and bypassing cable operators in favor of online video?
At the Streaming Media East show on May 11th and 12th, we've got Rafat Ali, Editor and Publisher of PaidContent.org moderating a panel on "Cutting The Cord On TV: Will Online Video Lead To Cable's Demise?". The session will discuss how broadcast networks are facing some of the same threats as the newspaper market and how services like TV Everywhere and over-the-top (OTT) content might change the cable industry.
- Moderator: Rafat Ali, Editor, Publisher, PaidContent.org
- Shalini Govil-Pai, Lead Product Manager, YouTube/Google
- Brian Jaquet, Director, Corp. Communications, Roku
- Ron Berryman, CEO, Canvas Technology
- Richard Bullwinkle, Chief Evangelist, Rovi
It's not too late to get a pass to the show and readers of my blog can register using my own personal discount code of DRF1, which gets you $200 off the ticket price.