Here’s The Best Black Friday Deals on Streaming Devices ($18 Roku/$20 Fire TV Stick)
Black Friday is almost upon us and it’s time for some of the best pricing you will see all year on streaming media devices and this year, with $18 Roku’s and $20 Fire TV Sticks, there’s no reason not to add one to each TV. I’ve looked through all the deals in the market and below are the lowest prices I’ve found on streaming hardware for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick/Cube, Chromecast, Xbox and PS4. I will do a separate post on smart TVs shorty. Note that many of these deals say they will have “limited quantities” and you’ll want to check which of these are being offered online vs. in-store, or both. Some don’t have links live as of yet, so check their websites for when they launch.
Purchase a new Roku device (from any retailer) and upon activation, get 3 months of Hulu and Pandora Premium free.
- Walmart will have an “exclusive” Roku SE on sale for $18, starting 11/28. [normally $50] The SE model does HD streaming (not 4K) and comes with an HDMI cable.
- Walmart, Roku.com and other retailers will have the Roku Ultra on sale for $48, starting 11/28. [normally $100]. The Ultra model does 4K, comes with JBL earbuds and a voice remote.
- Roku.com and other retailers will have the Roku Streaming Stick+ on sale for $30, starting 11/24. [normally $50] The Stick+ model does 4K and comes with a voice remote.
Amazon Fire TV Stick/Cube
Amazon is offering their usual discounts on everything in the Fire TV lineup. I’ll cover their Fire TV enabled TV sets in another post.
- The Fire TV Stick will be on sale for $20, starting 11/28. [normally $35] The model does HD streaming and comes with an Alexa remote.
- The Fire TV Stick 4K will be on sale for $25, starting 11/28. [normally $48] This is the model you want if 4K is important and comes with an Alexa remote. It also supports for Dolby Vision and HDR, HDR10+
- The Fire TV Cube will be on sale for $90, starting 11/28. [normally $120] The cube does 4K streaming and has Alexa built so you can use your voice to control compatible soundbars and A/V receivers, and change live cable or satellite channels with your voice. It also supports for Dolby Vision and HDR, HDR10+
There are almost no discounts available on Apple TV devices that have been announced, which seems to be the norm each year. Rarely are Apple TV devices discounted for Black Friday.
- Meijer is offering a credit of $50 off a future order, if you buy an Apple TV for $150 or more.
- Your best bet for a discounted Apple TV is to keep checking Apple’s refurbished Apple TV store page, because when they do have inventory, they typically discount them by $30-$50 and comes with the same 1-year warranty.
Most retailers online and in-store will have Chromecast’s discounted by $10-$20.
- Best Buy and Target will have the Chromecast on sale for $25. [normally $35]
- Best Buy will be offering the Chromecast Ultra 4K on sale for $50. [normally $70]
There are a ton of great deals on Xbox and PS4 consoles this year and far too many bundles with extra games and controllers to list. He’s the best pricing I’ve seen so far on some of the more basic bundles for those more interested in the hardware.
- Target will have the PS4 Slim console with a 1TB drive and matching black controller with a trio of games on sale for $200, starting 11/24. [normally $300]
- Walmart will have the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition console with a 1TB drive and matching white controller on sale for $150, starting 11/24. [normally $240]
If you see any better deals that I missed, please feel free to add them to the comments section.