CDN Optimization: Working Towards Broadcast Economics and Quality At Scale
While CDN prices have never been lower, OTT delivery continues to weigh heavily on broadcasters’ budgets. Growing audiences, higher resolutions and more immersive video experiences bring both technical and business challenges at scale. At the Streaming Media West show, taking place Nov. 2/3, one panel explores how content publishers are working to balance fixed revenue per subscriber models with the varying cost of delivery, while also getting the best quality for their money. The session will look at optimization efforts throughout the delivery workflow, with a special emphasis on CDN, multi-CDN, peer-to-peer, multicast and in-house delivery solutions. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Gautier Demond, VP, Global Sales, Streamroot
- Panelist: Flavio Ribeiro, Lead Engineer, The New York Times
- Panelist: Zac Shenker, Principal Video Software Engineer, CBS Interactive
- Panelist: Rodrigo Violante, CTO, Televisa
- Panelist: Ryan Korte, Principal Architect, Content and Media Development, Level 3 Communications
You can sign up online for a discounted conference pass by using the code DR100 and I even have a few free passes to give away. Re-tweet out “I want a pass for the Streaming Media West conference in CA on Nov. 2/3 – #smwest ” and I’ll pick some free winners every day!