Video Goes Virtual: Business Challenges and Opportunities Around VR Video
Led by the popularity of video games, virtual reality (VR) will, over the next several years, become a pop cultural phenomenon. It has few rivals in terms of its potential to provide a low-cost, portable, and yet highly immersive experience. Of course, none of this means that VR’s future as a mainstream platform is certain. At the Streaming Media East show, taking place May 10-11 in NYC, we have a session entitled “Video Goes Virtual: Business Challenges and Opportunities Around VR Video“.
This session addresses key questions including: When will there be a meaningful market for VR video? How will marketers and advertisers influence this new medium? How should operators and networks (linear or on-demand) view the potential of VR? To what extent will VR impact the viewing of TV and movies? Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Joel Espelien, Senior Analyst, TDG Research
- Cory Key, VP, Digital, Discovery Agency, VR, Discovery Communications
- Josh Courtney, Chairman, Executive Producer, SkyVR
- Kyle McDoniel, SVP Digital Strategy, FOX Sports
- Jeff Jacobs, SVP, Production Planning, Strategies & Operations, Viacom Music & Entertainment Group