Learn How To Simplify the Multi-Format Video Workflow
A variety of streaming formats-Silverlight, Flash, HLS, WebM-is generally required to serve the multitude of screens through which content is consumed. Each format can include separate workflows, storage components, strategies and with it, brings a lot of questions.
At the Streaming Media West show, on November 8-9 in LA, (#smwest) we've got a session entitled "Simplifying the Multi-Format Video Workflow" that will tackle the various approaches to this new workflow methodology. Learn how network-based media processing offers an increasingly popular approach to simplifying these workflows; how packaging of media elements in the network (versus on the encoder) works; what additional features are possible with network packaging (DRM, CAS, ad insertion); and how this approach works for both small and large operations. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Matt Smith, VP, OTT Strategy & Solutions, Envivio
- Robert Longwell, VP, Video Operations, Digital Media, Disney/ABC Television Group
- James Sherry, Senior Product Manager, CDN, Level 3 Communications
- Joe Einstein, VP, Production Services, AEG Digital Media
- Cyril Rickelton-Abdi, Sr. Director, Content Security & Piracy Management, Turner Broadcasting System
It's not too late to get a pass to the show and readers of my blog can register using my own personal discount code of DRF1, which gets you a two-day ticket to the show for only $595, if you register early.
And if you follow me on Twitter (@danrayburn) and re-tweet this post, you'll automatically be entered into a drawing to win one of three brand new Kindle Fire tablets that I will be giving away next month.