Cutting The Cord On TV: Will Online Video Really Lead To Cable’s Demise?
From Hulu to Netflix, streaming video is having a powerful impact on the traditional television industry. But are consumers really cutting the cord and bypassing cable operators in favor of online video? This is one of the big topics we'll be covering at the Streaming Media West show in LA in three weeks with a great lineup of speakers including:
- Moderator: Jonathan Hurd, Director, Altman Vilandrie & Company
- Bruce Eisen, VP, Online Content Development and Strategy, DISH Network
- Greg Kampanis, SVP, Content Strategy and Operations, South Park Digital Studios
- John Paul, Executive Vice President, Products, Sling Media
- Damon Phillips, VP, ESPN360.com
With the broadcast networks facing some of the same threats as the newspaper industry, will services like TV Everywhere and over-the-top (OTT) content be the industry's savior? These topics and more will be addressed by this panel of content heavyweights.
You can register online for the Streaming Media West show and get $300 off by using my personal discount code of DRF1. And check out the entire list of content speakers including executives from NBC, FOX, CBS, Comcast, MTV, MSNBC, EPIX, MLB and more.