The CDN Market Grows Up: Here Come The Telcos
The speaker lineup continues to grow for next month's Content Delivery Summit, on Monday May 11th, the day before the Streaming Media East show. We've got nearly every telco and major CDN represented along with a lot of great end-user CDN customers. Readers of my blog can register at a special discount rate of $395 at this link. I will be highlighting some of the sessions leading up to the event and this telco panel with Deutsche Telekom, Level 3, Global Crossing and Tata Communications is sure to be interesting:
The CDN Market Grows Up: Here Come The Telcos (11:30 a.m. – 12:30p.m.)
In the past twelve months we've seen additional telcos like Deutsche Telekom, TeliaSonera, Pacnet and others enter the CDN market. What used to be a service only offered by pure-play CDNs is now starting to see a serious push by the major carriers with varying CDN strategies. But with the size of the video delivery market still small, what's in it for them? Can they truly achieve cost savings and pass them along to customers if they own the network? Can they focus enough to understand what it takes to run a CDN that does more than just push bits? Hear answers to these questions directly from the carriers and learn whether or not they plan to acquire smaller CDN players to speed their time to market.
- Moderator: Dan Rayburn, Executive Vice President, StreamingMedia.com
- Panelist: Andres Jordan, VP, Innovation, Deutsche Telekom North America
- Panelist: Lisa Guillaume, VP, CDN Services, Content Markets, Level 3
- Panelist: Al DiGabriele, VP, Marketing, Global Crossing
- Panelist: Giles Sigouin, Senior Project Manager, IP, Content Delivery Services, Tata Communications
If you have a question you want me to ask one of the companies, put it in the comments section below.