Learn About The SRT Open Source Video Transport Protocol at #swest Show
The market is thirsty for an open source, freely available, low-latency, UDP-like approach for streaming over the internet. At the Streaming Media West show, taking place Nov. 2/3, one session will bring together SRT Alliance members and industry experts to discuss the SRT open source video transport protocol and how it optimizes streaming performance across unpredictable networks with secure streams and easy firewall traversal, bringing the best quality live video over the worst networks. The session will also discuss how UDP coupled with SRT is an ideal transport for video contribution and distribution and detail how the alliance is accelerating interoperability of video streaming solutions and fostering collaboration with industry leaders to achieve lower latency internet video transport. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Thierry Fautier, VP, Video Strategy, Harmonic
- Panelist: Marc Cymontkowski, Sr. Director, Core Technology, Haivision
- Panelist: Jeff Tyler, Digital Media Lead, Microsoft
- Panelist: Keith Weinberger, Director, Product Management, Video Solutions, Limelight
- Panelist: David Sayed, VP, Product Strategy & Product Marketing, Brightcove
You can sign up online for a discounted conference pass by using the code DR100 and I even have a few free passes to give away. Re-tweet out “I want a pass for the Streaming Media West conference in CA on Nov. 2/3 – #smwest ” and I’ll pick some free winners every day!