CDN Summit To Feature Caching & Content Delivery Strategies For Network Operators
Rapidly growing OTT video traffic is creating serious challenges for network operators. Some operators are using caching to relieve network bandwidth, manage transit costs and improve QoE. Others, such as BT, Verizon and Telefonica, are using on-net caches to create a new line of business, launching commercial CDNs to compete with Akamai and Limelight.
On Monday May 20th, at the Content Delivery Summit in NYC, we’ve got a session with Cisco, TeliaSonera, Deutsche Telekom, Edgeware and Hewlett-Packard discussing, “Caching & Content Delivery Strategies For Network Operators.”
This session explores the various caching strategies and technologies available to network operators and how they can best deploy them for managing OTT video. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Tony Lapolito, Director of Product Management, Videoscape Distribution Suite, Cisco
- Staffan Gojeryd, VP, Product Management, TeliaSonera
- Tony Tramontana, Content & New Media Specialist, Deutsche Telekom
- Bruno D’Avanzo, Head of Content Delivery Solutions, Hewlett-Packard
- James Kirby, Director Pre-Sales Engineering, Edgeware
Now in its fifth year, the Content Delivery Summit is a one-day conference designed to bring together telecom carriers, service providers, content owners, and industry vendors for a detailed look at CDN platforms for the delivery of video and content acceleration. Readers of my blog can register using my own personal discount code of DR13, which gets you a ticket to the show for only $395.