Many Streaming Devices On Sale This Week, Here Are The Best Deals
If you are looking to get a broadband enabled TV, gaming console or dedicated streaming media player this holiday, there are some great deals to be had. I've reviewed a lot of the sale flyers, online prices and special offers and here's some of the best deals I have seen to date. I will add to this list throughout the week as I find more items and please add anything you have seen to the comments section.
- Xbox 360 ($99.99 – $139.99): There are a lot of Xbox 360 special offers in the market, especially for ones that come bundled with games and accessories like Kinect, but if you are looking for the 4GB stand alone Xbox 360 Arcade system, Best Buy and Target have the lowest price I have seen at $139.99, which normally sells for $199.99. However, if you are a member of the armed forces or your family has access to the Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES), they have the 4GB Xbox 360 on sale for $99.99. All of these deals are in-store only.
- PlayStation 3 ($199.99): Sony has a lot of different PS3 bundles on the market, but the cheapest one I found was the 160GB PS3 bundle for $199.99. Best Buy, GameStop, Kmart, Radio Shack, Target and Walmart are all offering it for the same price. Considering the stand alone 160GB console retails for $249.99 and this bundle comes with two extra games, it's the best deal on the market.
- Sony SMP-N200 & N100 ($49.99 – $79.99): I found only two places offering discounts on the Sony box, with the best one coming from Best Buy for $49.99, for the SMP-N100. Best Buy says they will have at least 10 devices in stock in each store. Sony's website has the newer SMP-N200 box on sale for $79.99, which normally sells for $99.99
- Apple TV ($89.99): Best Buy is the only store I could find that has discounted the Apple TV with $10 off the usual price of $99.99. Amazon usually sells the Apple TV for $89.99 every day, but I see that right now they have it listed for $94.99. I have bought a lot of Apple TV's and Amazon's price seems to change daily, so best to check the Amazon site frequently. Apple sometimes has refurbished Apple TV's on their website priced at $79.99, but a quick check shows they don't have any in stock right now.
- Samsung Connected TV ($799): Samsung has a lot of TVs on sale, check out this link for the full list, and personally, I think Samsung has some of the nicest sets on the market today. In particular, Samsung's 46" 1080p LED set (D6003 Series) is on sale for $799, which is $500 off the usual retail price. I have one of Samsung's D7000 series and love it. You can get this price directly from Samsung's website or via many retailers including Sam's Club. Updated: Amazon will be selling this model for $799 as well.
- Vizio Connected TV ($598): Walmart has a 42" Vizio 1080p 3D LED TV, (model M3D420SR) for $598, which is $300 off the normal retail price of $898. Also, Vizio usually has special TV deals on Black Friday directly from their website, so check that out on Friday.
- Sony Google TV ($398 – $798): Sony's Internet TV with Google TV is still one the best values in the market for anyone who wants the Google TV platform. Back in August I blogged that Sony had slashed prices of all their Google TV sets and it looks like they just did it again. 32" sets are just $398 from Amazon, 40" are $598 and 46" are $798. I don't know if Amazon will be reducing them any further this week, but keep an eye on the Amazon website.
- Connected Blu-ray Players ($69 and up): There are too many Blu-ray players on sale for me to detail them all, but here's the best list I have seen to date of what's available, the cheapest connected one being $69.
- Boxee Box by D-Link: Boxee just reached out to let me know that while they won't have a Black Friday discount on the box, anyone who buys a Boxee from Best Buy on November 27th for the usual price of $179 will receive a $30 Best Buy gift card.
- Roku (Special Will Launch Thursday): Roku does not currently have any special deals mentioned on their website, but I'll update this post when I hear back from them (see below for an update) as last year, Roku did offer a special one day sale price on select Roku units. I expect we'll see that again this year, but it might be a one day only sale so you'd have to act on it quickly. Updated: Roku wrote in to say, "we will have a promotion for Black Friday on Facebook. Final details are being confirmed but I believe it will be live on Thursday, Nov. 24 at 6 p.m. PT and will run through the weekend." Follow me on Twitter and I'll let you know when they announce it.
I'll update this post as I find more deals, but so far, I have not seen or heard of the Boxee Box by D-Link going on sale or Western Digital's WD TV Live or Live Hub player. Also, Amazon is having Black Friday deals all week long and they tend to have the lowest prices. But since they don't publish their specials in advance, you have to check their website multiple times throughout the day.