Cutting The Cord On TV: Will Online Video Really Lead To Cable’s Demise?
From Hulu to Netflix, streaming video is having a powerful impact on the traditional television industry. But are consumers really cutting the cord and bypassing cable operators in favor of online video? With the broadcast networks facing some of the same threats as the newspaper industry, will services like TV Everywhere and over-the-top (OTT) content be the industry's savior?
At the Streaming Media East show, on May 10th and 11th, we've got Peter Kafka, Senior Editor, All Things Digital moderating a panel on "Cutting The Cord On TV: Will Online Video Really Lead To Cable's Demise?". This topic and more will be addressed by this panel of content heavyweights including:
- Moderator: Peter Kafka, Senior Editor, All Things Digital
- Tom Gorke, SVP, Content Distribution and Marketing, MTV Networks
- Jim Funk, VP, Business Development, Roku
- Bryan Perez, SVP, GM, NBA Digital
- Marc DeBevoise, SVP, Digital Media, Business Development & Strategy, Starz
It's not too late to get a pass to the show and readers of my blog can register using my own personal discount code of DAN, which gets you a two-day ticket to the show for only $695. Twitter hash tag: #SMEast