Adobe, CBS and Theora Discuss HTML5 And Web Video Standards Next Week
At the Streaming Media East show on May 11th and 12th, we've got a panel on "HTML5 And Web Video Standards". As video becomes increasingly important on the web, content providers,
browser developers, and end users can no longer afford to have the
primary video delivery mechanisms locked up in standards that cannot be
adapted to new environments. This is especially true for emerging trends
such as mobile video and cross-device video technologies.
HTML5 Video might be the answer, and we'll discuss what it is, the challenges it's facing, and how it affects other formats such as Flash and Silverlight, as well as how leading platforms and web giants such as Google, Mozilla, and Apple are supporting it.
- Moderator: Tim Napoleon, Co-Founder, President, Alldigital
- Jennifer Taylor, Director, Flash Content Creation and Distribution, Adobe
- Monty Montgomery, Director, Xiph.Org Foundation (Theora)
- Justin Eckhouse, Senior Product Manager, Video and Mobile, CBS Interactive
- Greg Harris, Chief Creative Officer, Daily Interactive
It's not too late to get a pass to the show and readers of my blog can register using my own personal discount code of DRF1, which gets you $200 off the ticket price.