Content Delivery Summit: CDN Economics, Consolidation And Evaluation
The Content Delivery Summit is only a week away and on Monday May 11th we’ve got nearly 50 speakers discussing a dozen different facets of the content delivery business. One of the afternoon sessions brings together a group of Wall Street analysts from Kaufman Bros., BankStreet Group, Globespan Capital Partners, Thomas Weisel Partners and Flybridge Capital who will discuss the M&E activity in the CDN industry.
CDN Economics: Consolidation And Evaluation (2:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.)
Analysts have widely speculated that we’re going to soon see merger and acquisition activity grow in the CDN space, but to date, little has taken place. CDNs continue to raise large amounts of VC money, and each quarter more CDNs enter the market. What are the current valuations for CDN companies, and where will VC money be directed in the future? What types of deals are being pitched to bankers, which ones are they having the most success selling, and what are the characteristics of the ones they are searching for. Come hear speakers discuss the current M&A and VC environment and assess whether the economics of the CDN industry make it ripe for rapid consolidation.
- Moderator: Colby Synesael, SVP, Equity Research, Kaufman Bros.
- Panelist: James Henry, Senior Managing Director, Investment Banking, BankStreet Group
- Panelist: Jonathan Seelig, Managing Director, Communications and Internet/Infrastructure, Globespan Capital Partners
- Panelist: Blake Warner, Managing Director, Software, Media, & Telecom Investment Banking, Thomas Weisel Partners
- Panelist: David Aronoff, General Partner, Flybridge Capital
If you have a question you want me to ask one of the companies, put it in the comments section below. And you can still register with the special discount price at this link.