Is P2P The Answer To Large Scale Video Delivery?
That’s the focus for discussion on the P2P session taking place at the Streaming Media East show in May. With the recent offerings by BitTorrent, VeriSign, Joost and others, is legal P2P finally ready for prime-time? This panel of content owners and technology experts will discuss whether P2P will finally revolutionize online video distribution. They will discuss whether the cost savings advantage with P2P is real, how P2P will translate into a competitive advantage, how P2P distribution may affect the networks and CDNs and what some of the potential problems are that P2P technology may face from the telco’s. Come hear the debate on whether P2P is the answer to the fundamental capacity limitations for large-scale video audiences for today’s Internet.
- Moderator: Rich Mavrogeanes, Founder And CTO, VBrick Systems
- Panelist: Brian Taptich, VP, Business Development, BitTorrent
- Panelist: Nick Rockwell, CTO, MTV Networks
- Panelist: Monty Mullig, SVP, Internet Technologies, Turner Broadcasting System
- Panelist: Christopher Levy, Chairman, Digital Media Management Working Group, DCIA
What topics or points would you like to see discussed at this session? Please include them in the comments section for your chance to win a free conference pass to the show.